Honored Member
Honored Member

Words: 45397
Runescape Name: Godwyn
Runescape Status: P2P
Forum Status: Willing to help users.
World: 0
Hello fellow PCFLers,

We decided it might be nice xp wise and a lot of fun to hunt penguins together. Now, if you've already done this before and you know what I'm talking about, don't hesitate to scroll down a bit to Requirements and read from then on downwards.

What is Penguin Hunting?

Penguin Hunting, also known as Penguin Hide 'n Seek, is the locating of penguins through-out RuneScape.
Larry, who you will need to speak to first to able to spot these penguins is located in the Ardounge Zoo, believes penguins are a dangerous species and soon will be everywhere in RuneScape and conquering it for themselves. Rumors are spreading to the heights of the White Wolf Mountain and down to the Falador Mining Guild. As it seems, Larry is alone.

Larry knows those people are agents of the evil penguin intelligence organisation, the KGP. His paranoia is probably perfectly pertinent.

Now is your chance to help Larry, now you can serve the good and righteous people of RuneScape in defying the proletariat penguin peril: Larry needs you!

How to start?

To start being able to spot them you must talk to Larry and let him share his wisdom with you. You'll recieve a book which says how many penguin points you've managed to achieve so far. The book will not be needed when hunting for these penguins. The book will reset once you've exchanged those points. There is a maximum of 50 points, you can't go beyond.

When do Penguins reset? And what are these points exactly?

Penguins reset every week at tuesday midnight. We (low level skillers) usually are able to spot 5/6 penguins per week. One penguin = one point, you can go back to Larry each week, after hunting, and exchange the points for experience or coins, always choose experience.
The formula is: 25 x (Your level in the desired skill) x (How many points) = total experience.

Eg. 50 Slayer

25 x 50 (slayer) x 6 (points) = 7,500 experience in slayer.

Requirements:

There aren't really any quests nor level requirements but you will need to talk to Larry before you start.

Wearing boots of lightness, spottier cape and a medium agility level will help. Always bring 5 teleport tabs, of each kind, we don't know exactly where they are so we need to have options. You should also bring along a ring of duelling, a glory and a games necklace.

The actual Event:

Just to get down to business, we will do this Event on Saturday to maximize the amount of members who are able to join in. Just to let you know, you don't need to any experience of penguin hunting. Many members, about 80%, have done this before so they and the hosts can help you, we'll all work as a team to complete it as fast as possible.

We will be hosting this Event twice on saturday so we have a relaxed scheduel for both europeans and americans, etc. This is STILL up for debate, but I think we can do one at 12 noon (GMT +0) - europeans and another for the americans at 12 noon (GMT -5/6). If you need to help with converting the time zones: King Tazo has opened a thread about this topic - http://peacefull.rsbandb.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15399

Everyone can take part in this Event, the host doesn't have to do it all, you might spot it before the others. We'll most likey do this in world 60 because we'll visit a penguin hunting clan chat (world60pengs). Without one this could take hours. We'll have about 5-10 members in this clan chat, we can't fit the whole of Pcfl in there. Those 5-10 members will inform the others.

Just a last moment thing, Lv3 Lullaby, our Event Organizer has suggested that if this Event becomes successfull also you can be 'da host', you'll just have to post here. Not just anyone can host this Event though, you'll need some basic knowledge how to hunt for penguins. ;)

Rules:

- Jagex Rules
- Pcfl Rules
- Don't leave other Pcfl members behind, help them out!
- And the universal rule - have fun! :D

I recommend reading the Pcfl Rules once more just so you don't break a rule without knowing it actually existed.

I will keep editting this thread so be sure to read it a couple times, we are still debating some important details so we won't start just yet. I'll inform you guys/gals when it's ready and we can spot those quick penguins!

Thanks in advance,
I Pixil I / Lv3 Lullaby

Ouranias
Plate
Korvakov

Last edited by Korvakov on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Event - Official Penguin Hunting
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:49 pm 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Words: 81632
Runescape Name: Lulliber
Forum Status: New to Peacefull.
RS Activity: Retired
World: 22
IRC Nick: Lulla
I-Pixil-I wrote:
Just a last moment thing, Lv3 Lullaby, our Event Organizer has suggested that we'll have another thread in which you can apply as 'host' for the following week.

I meant that if these penguin runs are successful we could create a thread for an every week penguin hunting. People could just sign up to be a host on that same thread.

And I've edited out the "Official" part of the title because it isn't official yet :P. Only staff can make an event official. But it will be once you have the date/time set and when the thread is ready to go.

Oh and..
I Pixil I wrote:
Many members, about 80%, have done this before

I actually just pulled that percentage out of my rump 8-[.

Post subject: Re: Event - Clan Penguin Hunting
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:54 pm 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Words: 45397
Runescape Name: Godwyn
Forum Status: Willing to help users.
World: 0
Sorry about that. :P Won't happen again.

Yeah, the 80%, I think it's pretty accurate though, if we only count the P2P. If you ask them stuff about penguin hunting I can tell you the majority will be able to answer the questions. :)

Quote:
Just a last moment thing, Lv3 Lullaby, our Event Organizer has suggested that if this Event becomes successfull also you can 'da host', you'll just have to post here. Not just anyone can host this Event though, you'll need some basic knowledge how to hunt for penguins. ;)

Editted

~ Tom

Ouranias
Plate
Korvakov