It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: ~ Weekly Intra-Clan Skill Races ~ Sign Up NOW!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:39 am 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Words: 81632
Runescape Name: Lulliber
Runescape Status: P2P
Forum Status: New to Peacefull.
RS Activity: Retired
World: 22
IRC Nick: Lulla

The Weekly Intra-Clan Skill Races are one week competitions of a randomly selected skill. Each race starts off with a drawing to see what the week's skill will be, then a 3-day sign up period, followed by the actual race. In order for me to track your experience, join the Clan Peacefull Runetraxx group that Rie has created found here. Simply choose "APPLY", and within a few days Rie will add you to the group. You only need to sign up on the site once. You still need to post each race if you want to be included though.

To view the progress of this week's race, click here. (Starts March, 5 and ends March, 12)

Spoiler for Skill Race Info:

All races are for Peacefull members only. Sorry, guests.

The rules for the races are fairly simple. Pretty much anything goes.
Things such as:
  • Stealing Creations tools
  • Brimhaven tickets
  • Barbarian Assault horns
  • etc.
are all permitted. If you have any doubts about whether your method of skilling is against the rules or not, feel free to ask. All races will be F2P & P2P, unless the skill chosen is members only.

Since we are in fact a low-level skill clan, every 3rd skill race will be an only level 3-30 race. This will be a nice time to shine a light on some of our really good current day skillers.

Besides 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners being announced on this thread, there will be a small prize for the 1st place winner. That prize is a handmade graphic done by me, sort of like the ones D5a5n5i5e5l5 makes for the AOTM. These will mostly be avatars and signatures. All are done on MS Paint, so don't expect anything fancy :P.

Spoiler for Wall of Champions:

Feb. 16, 2010 - Feb. 25, 2010 Farming skill race- Wicked Cj13 with 171,893 exp gained.

If you have any ideas to contribute the Weekly Intra-Clan Skill Races, please post or PM me. Some experience tracking/guidance would also be great since I'm fairy new to it.

Post subject: Re: ~ Weekly Inter-clan Skill Races ~
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:03 am 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Words: 124643
World: 0
IRC Nick: Fergus
Lv3 Lullaby wrote:
  • What would be the best experience tracking website for this?
  • What procedures would I have to go through to ensure no one cheats?
  • At what day/time does the tracking start?
  • What are some good tips for tracking exp gains?

• I use the bot in IRC which is a little time consuming, but it gets the job done, especially if you set up a script.
  • Personally, I just look for insane gains that aren't possible. Not much else but you need to trust.
  • ???? Start at a good time for you, first, and at a good time for Europeans and Americans alike.
  • See 1.

I think this is a good idea. Another clan I am in (Omnipotent Halcyon) does weekly 2-skill competitions using the RSoF only, where the participants post their starting experience at the beginning of the week, and ending experience at the end of the week (beginning of the week = after clan meeting ~9 PM EST, end of the week = before clan meeting ~8 PM EST). The winners then choose the skills for the next week. Hey if you need any help/have any question/anything else about wars, feel free to PM me. I'd love to help. :)

(07:45:51) <@Zule> fergus: making friends all the time

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:11 am 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Thanks for the good advice, Jerm.
The only thing is the IRC bot for tracking exp doesn't seem reliable at all.

And when I asked what day/time to start, I meant at what time do the trackers update.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:12 am 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Lv3 Lullaby wrote:
Thanks for the good advice, Jerm.
The only thing is the IRC bot for tracking exp doesn't seem reliable at all.

And when I asked what day/time to start, I meant at what time do the trackers update.

Well even so, do you need to know the exact experience they gained that day? Just take the final experience - start experience.
Idk when they update.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:15 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Words: 303424
Runescape Name: King Tazo
Forum Status: Willing to help users.
World: 132
IRC Nick: King_Tazo, Peacefull
Mage wrote:
The winners then choose the skills for the next week.

I really like that idea above from Mage that is being used in another clans as it will bring fairness to the skills that are chosen, and will of course give another reason for those that enter to try their hardest so they can pick their favourite skill, etc. I will definitely take part in this event regularly.

Once we have a time settled I will add the event on the countdown on a repeat so it will automatically countdown 12 hours prior to the event every week.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:41 am 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Mr Hussle wrote:
Well even so, do you need to know the exact experience they gained that day? Just take the final experience - start experience.
Idk when they update.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking about tracking daily gains when it really only matters what the final exp gain is. I just wanted to have a little day-to-day exp gain overview that the competitors could look over, but if they really want to know others' exp gains so bad then they can check by themselves.

But I still like the idea of choosing a random skill each time. Because then winners could choose the same set of skills over and over again, or just the easy ones. Randomness adds to the excitement \:D/.

I'll try and get everything organized by tomorrow. I'm just trying to make some nice graphics to go along with the thread, so it might take a wee bit longer.

And the event timer repeat deal sounds amazing, Olga.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:43 pm 

Words: 68189
Runescape Name: Rie---Xie--X
Runescape Status: F2P
World: 16
IRC Nick: Rie
Great idea, perhaps we could just have a poll every week where everyone can vote between a couple of skills you decided on so you might get more people joining in? Or maybe not, I have no idea, you can just pick the skills randomly too XD. I like daily tracking myself, so you actually have an idea who's ahead of you, so here's my explanation anyway:
Lv3 Lullaby wrote:
The only start I have on this would be using Rie's Clan Peacefull clan experience gain on Runetraxxxx. The only problem is I don't think you can specify to view the gains of 1 skill out of the whole clan.

Dum dum dum, you actually CAN 8)! When you go to our clan link, like this one, you can specify the skill you want to check on the top of the screen (the icons are clickable).

The site updates every day at 11 PM GMT (or 6 PM EST?) (it takes about 15 minutes to update everyone in the database) and there's a countdown timer with "Next update: ..." in the left top corner, so that should be convenient for everyone.

And yeah, RuneScript isn't a reliable way to track for the exact amounts, it often shows more or less XP than you have actually gotten in the timeframe you set with the command.

More GOP tokens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:39 pm 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Thanks so much, Rie!
I guess I should have done a little more research on Runetraxxxx :oops:.

So I guess I'll be using your Clan Peacefull page and be able to keep a daily track of everyone's progress.

And if there is little motivation with a random skill, I'll do your little vote for selected skill poll thing.

I'll get started on the graphics for the page tonight, and hopefully we'll have the thread ready by this weekend :mrgreen:.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Words: 303424
Runescape Name: King Tazo
World: 132
IRC Nick: King_Tazo, Peacefull
Lulla wrote:
So I guess I'll be using your Clan Peacefull page and be able to keep a daily track of everyone's progress.

Remember to use this, everyone participating must sign up and enter Clan Peacefull's Runetraxxxx team otherwise you wont be able to track their experience.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:47 am 
Clan Chat Moderator
Clan Chat Moderator

Words: 30505
Runescape Name: I Merch Ftw
Forum Status: Member of Peacefull.
IRC Nick: I_Merch_Ftw
I also think that this sounds like an interesting idea, and something that could perhaps be very successful with the clan.
I know I personally sometimes lack motivation when training skills, and this may just be the proper motivation for myself and many others to gain even more experience and keep on going. :P
On a side note, it seems like your tracking questions have been answered, but if you want any advice or help, just let me know. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:08 am 
Honored Member
Honored Member

The Weekly Inter-Clan Skill Races are now soon to be.

I've updated the front page to give everyone a better feel of what these competitions will be like. I've also changed to races to 1 week intervals instead of 2. This will be easier to track, and overall more convenient.

I'll be posting what the first week's skill is sometime this week. Hopefully it will be a fun one to start things off :mrgreen:.

I'm really excited for this, and I hope all of you guys are too. We need a lot of participation to really make this happen. Any further suggestions would be great.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:18 am 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Lv3 Lullaby wrote:
I've also changed to races to 1 week intervals instead of 2.

You should edit this into the first post too. :roll: Good luck with doing this. :) I feel it will be a huge success.

Post subject: Re: ~ Weekly Inter-Clan Skill Races ~ [1st SKILL CHOSEN!]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:17 am 
Honored Member
Honored Member

With lots of help from the randInt function on my graphing calculator (chooses a random number from 1-15 in this situation), the first Inter-Clan Skill Race skill has been chosen!

Grab your pickaxes, because the first race will be...
Spoiler for WHAT COULD IT BE:

Farming!

I know this skill is not commonly used when racing, but I think the outcome will be very interesting :P. Combatters are allowed in this one, so anything goes.

The race will start at 9:00 AM Eastern, so you all have more than enough time to sign up and prepare.

I hope to see a lot of participation from you guys! Let's make Skill Races a Peacefull tradition :P.

It looks like I had a little prefix amnesia while making the title. Thanks, Rie, for pointing that one out :P.

Rie has pointed out that there is a new feature on Runetraxx-- a competitions page!
He has already made us our Farming competition tracker, which can be found here

This is going to make the Intra-Clan Race so easy to track now. I'll add the link to the first post, so just check it out when you want to take a look at your clan mates' progresses.

Post subject: Re: ~ Weekly Intra-Clan Skill Races ~ [1st SKILL CHOSEN!]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:29 am 

I suggest you do agil these next 2 weeks, then wc 2 weeks in a row after that, then mining for the next 8 weeks

kthxbai

Gl to all:P as im a agil pure i wont consider racing;)

Post subject: Re: ~ Weekly Intra-Clan Skill Races ~ [1st SKILL CHOSEN!]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 am 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Words: 45397
Runescape Name: Godwyn
Eww Mining, I mean Farming, I don't want to burn a whole in my pocket again like last time.

Even though I won't be competing, I'd like to wish every competitor a good luck. May the best win. :D

Ouranias
Plate
Korvakov