It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Honor and Respect, people!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:53 pm 

I don't know what had happened when I was gone, but when I got back I saw many signs of what made the downfall of other forums communities... My personal believe of how decisions should be made (for a good working community that is) is that when a suggestion is made, it will be discussed (in a mature way). at the final stage the clan leader(s) / council decides on what the outcome is based on both what the community wants and what they think is best for the community. After that decision, the community should listen. If they don't, and there is no good reason for it, then it is no good community. No real friendship, just people that take whenever they can but refuse to give in.

Also, when a leader or ANYONE makes a mistake. It's just that, a mistake. It can and SHOULD be tried to be forgiven. The latest thing? The only mistake might be that pink didn't give the clan time to get adjusted to the new idea, but changed it immediately. What makes that unforgivable?!

This was and to me STILL IS the clan of pink fusion and zzzamorak. They make the decisions, we can only help them consider every point and showing them what the community thinks. The community in itself has NO rights whatsoever at being part of making the decision. A good community has leaders that try to listen to what the community says as well looking at what they think is best for the community. A good community shows what it wants but then leaves it to the leaders to make the important decisions. And they listen to the leaders decisions no matter what!. If you can't play by these rules, this community is just not for you. Find one that does or start your own.

And friends, try not to hold grudges on eachother, it is really damaging the whole atmosphere.

I hope this is just an incident, and certainly hope that this isn't what the clan has become... It has been such a great clan, and it can still get back to it Regardless of differences in opinions!!!

Honor and respect, people!

And don't give me the crap about that you have every right to be childish because you are under 15/13 whatever. I have met GREAT people that were 10 or 11, mature in their own way. More mature than some 30+ people I have met. However stupid it may sound, being childish isn't bound to age.

Losing the pk section and losing Pink Fusion did NOT get our spirit back at all! Is it a good spirit when people basically say "Good riddance!" if one goes? And only because she had a different opinion?! This is not the clan I once joined... We were friends, helped eachother out. And real friends can stay good friends even when they differ in opinion!

I have been back only shortly, but this clan seems to have become hateful, selfish and really immature.

In all my heart I hope sincerily that it has been an incident, and I will stay around to see what this clan now is, and will try to improve it... But to see this clan being so torn apart hurts me.

If this is what the clan has become, then I have no home here anymore.
Since I joined this clan, I never thought of runescape and peacefull as two different things. Every moment in Runescape I lived ever since as being every moment in the GREAT clan Peacefull. I would regret it every second for leaving, but if we can't stay a bit mature on topics, then I can't stay here. I will not forget the friends I already made in this clan, but if the clan does not gets it old spirit back in the coming months (yes, such things can take time) then I will do my BEST to forget what this clan now is, and try to remember the old clan peacefull as it once were.

I won't leave just yet, but we better try to make something good out of this mess :?

Honor and Respect, people!

Let's bring back the glory of clan Peacefull!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:09 pm 
Honored Member
Honored Member

Words: 53648
Runescape Name: A_Skiller
Runescape Status: P2P
Forum Status: Experienced Forum user.
RS Activity: Inactive
World: 27
IRC Nick: Yobs/A_Skiller
Very well said! :P

Respect and honor must be re-enforced like Eorin's said.

Last edited by A Skiller on Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:13 pm 

yeah well said, ill admit i was acting childish :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:19 pm 
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Words: 28708
Runescape Name: Pure99Skillz/Pure99Legacy
Runescape Status: P2P
Forum Status: Experienced Forum user.
World: 22
IRC Nick: Pure99Skillz
I agree with Eorin. :D

We should all respect each other and stop these Clan quarrels.

We could improve our Clan by providing suggestions and expressing our views about a decision without verbally arguing. Settle our differences peacefully.

Bring back the Clan Peacefull Spirit. :D

Post subject: yes
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:38 pm 

yes. i agree with him to :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:46 am 

thats was long but very well said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:07 am 

me to 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:20 am 

his post is way to long to read, so i agree with him too i guess :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:38 am 
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Words: 76618
Well said Eorin!

I think the most important lesson should be that we need to discuss changes before we do them. This is for two reasons. First, we can get a general idea about how the clan feels first and act accordingly, meaning there will be less unpopular decisions made. Second, it is much easier to accept a decision even if one disagrees, when one has had the opportunity to voice that disagreement first.

When I was clan leader, I tried doing the more important things that way. I posted my suggestion either in the staff room or clan discussion, and made the decision after people had posted their thoughts. The less important things I just did.
This is not how the clan has to be run though, we have no rules about how it should be run at all. Perhaps we should make some rules, describing what clan leaders, administrators and moderators can or should do? And how important decisions should be decided?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:34 pm 

Very nice said, Eorin.
I haven't been on these boards for a very long time, so I can't really have an opinion about how these boars have been.
But I love the part about suggestions - yes a suggestion should be discussed in a mature way with good opinions and explanations about opinions. Like: "I like this idea because ...... but it's not that good that .... and so on. Saying "lolz this idea sucks rofl ima leave this clan" (Not saying that anyone is like that)

I also agree about mistakes should be forgiven, but what do you see as a mistake? I once got Full Dragon Stoled that is like half a year ago, and I still haven't forgiven him. and I still hate him. In my opinion stealing is not a mistake. Yes I was the one who was stupid enough to let him borrow it, yes I was the one who trusted him, BUT I was the one who thought RuneScape was a play where you could have friends and you could trust your friends, but obviously half of the people on RuneScape choose pixels over friends. That's when I really agree with you about HONOR and RESPECT!

I have a 14 years old friend who's acting really mature and if I didn't know his age I would think he was a lot older (I'm 16 myself) . And I know people in the 30-40's who are SHOCKING me. They are so immature and insulting people who have other opinions than themself.
That just shows that age does NOT mean everything when it comes to maturity.

Again, very well said, Eorin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:56 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Words: 298771
Runescape Name: D5a5n5i5e5l5
Runescape Status: F2P
Forum Status: Willing to help users.
RS Activity: Inactive
World: 115
IRC Nick: Zule
Yeah!!!

Go 10 and 11 year olds :P

I myself am fit to be in that catigory, I'm 11, and I know so many 11 year old's that play, but you'd never guess their age!

That was very well said,

Honor and Respect are the greatest skills in runescape, And I totaly agree to that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:15 pm 

well i dont no wats gone on i didnt come on really yesterday only been here a few days but, ive seen some flaming it kills most forums and yes leaders n their enforcers do need to listen to the smaller people and yes if u dont like this opinion after it has been spoken about , well tuff, u should make sure you are more active and have ur say live with it and get on....

well said.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:15 pm 

I doubt the people who were causing the problem
would even bother to read all of it... try to write
a summary at the end? Most forums die because
the leaders are corrupt and ban everyone but of course
that's not the problem here :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:53 pm 

This was from over half a year ago...

PLEASE read dates before you post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:39 pm 

Theone428 wrote:
This was from over half a year ago...

PLEASE read dates before you post.

Isn't this a sticky? something you can post on everytime no doubt how old it is? :?